Thursday 30 October 2014

NaNoWriMo and me

Greetings one and all!

 Today, I'm gonna write about my thoughts on NaNoWriMo and what it means to me.

First off, for those not in the know NaNoWriMo stands for National Novel Writing Month.
From my understanding it started years ago as a writing challenge to write a novel of 50,000 words in length by tackling it in dayly chunks of about 1,667 words from Nov 1 to Nov 30.

Obviously that's a lot.

Now, in the past I've said I'd give it a go and I think my record was about 3000 words over a couple of weeks. I've just not been able to settle down with an idea and roll with it for the whole month.
Am I going to try again this year?
Well, I think this year I'm going to just try and WRITE something every day. Regardless what it is, whether it's tied into something else, a random idea or a whole story based plot. Or even just a re-write of something I've written before.

Why?

To encourage myself to get BACK into writing. By writing something every day, regardless of length, it'll start to bring back a habbit I've sadly gotten out of and keep [i]saying[/i] I'll get back into but just seem not to actually do.

(That said at the time of writing this blog post, this is my 3rd in a row so something's obviously going right in my head!)

So yeah. Whilst there are people I know who are going to give it an honest go, I'm going to challenge myself to write SOMETHING every day of November. Whether that is in an online typed document or on a notepad that ends up tucked in a drawer somewhere.

I might even say how it goes, we'll see :)

Wish me luck!

That's all for now.
Have a lovely evening! 

1 comment:

  1. This is the second thing I've heard about NaNoWriMo today! Good luck m'dear. This is a brilliant idea and i look forward to hearing how you're getting on :D

    ReplyDelete