Thursday 30 July 2015

Livestreaming

Greetings one and all!

So, I've done something I haven't done in a while this week.
Livestream.

It's been.... far too long since I last did any, I think it was back in the first month or two of the year when I did.
Since then I've gotten a better microphone and acquired what I need to stream console games. I can say without a doubt after 2 streams of Splatoon that it works beautifully.

On the other plus side, I mostly had a good time! (technical glitches aside)

What does that mean for me?
Probably a lot more livestreaming, it's certainly worked out to be a heck of a lot easier than streaming PC games! The software I'm using is on the whole a lot easier for streaming that OBS is (once I FINALLY found the blasted button to press to make the stream go live). I can understand why OBS (Open Broadcast Software) can be complicated, it's catering to PC's which are notorious for being finickity and kinda complicated. Where as my console software is just 'here's the input, where do you want output, you want commentary too? Cool, press this button here and you're off.

My potentia-plan right now is to stream at least 1 hour once a week. It might not seem much, but for me that'll be a good starting point and if I want to do more then that's awesome. What game I'll stream, so far I'm not sure, or games. I'm also considering 2 streams in a week period and playing alternate games on those days, possibly playing through a whole game from scratch so that the views can enjoy the stream with me.


Will I upload the streams to youtube?

Possibly. I'm pretty sure I can get my software to record and stream at the same time however it won't include the chat from the stream unless I record that separately somehow.

Lots of possibilities but you know what? I'm hopeful and kinda happy with how my streaming has gone this week and by limiting it to about an hour (probably some over) I'll stop myself from burning out too quickly as I get used to a very public and very live at the time system.

That's all for now.
Have a lovely evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment