Friday 20 June 2014

Starting with the Past. Part 2

Greetings one and all!

Continuing from my previous post I wanted to share another few games I grew up with.

Frogger.
I played a fair amount of Frogger when I was a kid. I can tell you simply that I've NO idea what version of Frogger I played a lot, but I did.


Marble Drop.
This was kinda educational, as it taught a little about physics and how things worked, and in theory some of the ideas from great ancient thinkers (I forget exactly who). Me and my neighbour played a LOT of this, and I don't think we actually completed it. Or if we did it was only once or twice.

Taking into account consoles and handhelds I move onto games like:

Tetris.
Now, my mum's the one who mostly played Tetris in our household, but I certainly played my fair share. We played the GameBoy version (somehow we had 2 in the house) but never played against each other. I can take a pretty good guess that I'd of gotten trounced.


Bubsy.
Or also known as Bubsy in Claws Encounters of the Furred Kind.
I LOVED this game as a kid. It was frustrating, there were spots where you could die if you weren't pixel perfect and you know what.
I didn't care then, and I don't care now.
It was a challenge, a tough challenge that kept me going back years after I originally played it. If I had a copy, I'd probably do some videos on it, and get my ass handed to me. I'd be frustrated, I'd probably be angry, but on the whole, it wouldn't bother me as the memories of all the little tricks and such came back.
Anyone hating on it because it was too hard.
Yes, it was hard. I still don't care. A really good game.
Oh and for any interested, I played the version on the Sega Mega Drive 2.


So, with all these games I loved. I'm gonna mention a game I hated.
Chefren's Pyramid.
URH!
Okay, context here.
On occasion, we were very lucky and got to have our Maths lesson in the computer room. This meant we got to play the educational game Chefren's Pyramid. (Cheop's is the sequal from my understanding)
I swear that we had to start from the beginning every time as the program was on computers that didn't allow us to save our progress properly.
As you can imagine, this meant a LOT of having to run through the same puzzles over and over and over and over and over... yeah you get the picutre.
Now for some, like the actual adding and subtracting puzzles, these were randomised, but for the geography questions it was actually a doddle once you'd got them right once.
It probably wasn't too bad, and if I remember rightly the whole class enjoyed the chance at a break from our normal classroom and to play on the computers.
It just sucked we had to start from the beginning. Every. Single. Time.

Ah well. Things move on.

I hope you all have a lovely evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment