Sunday 22 June 2014

Starting with the past. Part 4.

Greetings one and all!

Following on from yesterdays post, within about 10 minutes of finishing that one I knew exactly what I was going to go into today.

Firstly we have:
Puggsy.
I found this game both fun, and yet unbeatable as a kid. There was this witch level I could get to and get no further, and a couple of others levels where I just had NO idea what in all of the cosmos I was supposed to do.
Usefully, as my copy was second hand and did include the manual, someone had written down one of the hideously long passwords which opened up all bar the last few levels.
So although I think I either finished this game or got REALLY close, I never actually completed it.

Now, somewhen in the last year I did some live streaming, playing this game from the start.
I wrote down the password when I was finished with the stream and held onto it with intent of carrying on at another point. I haven't yet.
However for those interested, this is the password I wrote down:
357  503  151
656  764  533
710  340  204
That password takes you to after the 3rd boss.
If you intend on using it?
HAVE FUN!

That said, I've heard people saying the game is stupid, weird, uncool, hard and all that. I can see where they are coming from, because you know, the game is about an orange alien landing on a large island where Racoons are the main animal and they're out to stop him. Just with extremely specific walk patterns.
Yes it was hard... but then these games WERE hard, they weren't just aimed at 7 year olds you know. That said it had an easy mode with finished with the first boss, so you could get better and eventually kick ass!
Maybe one day I will have finished all the levels, maybe..... says the woman whose got more games unfinished kicking around than she'd like to ever admit...


For a 2nd game, this one I only briefly remember as I believe my next door neighbour was borrowing from someone else so there wasn't much time to play it.

Micro Machines V2.
Sega MegaDrive 2 again.
Yeah, I don't remember much of this, just that the controls were REALLY slippy and you went everywhere. I don't know if that was just because I didn't play it much or it wasn't really my thing. Dunno.
Either way, the top down perspective was kinda cool.


Join me again soon for more ramblings about games I've played!
 I hope you all have a lovely evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment